You can replace me..but you can't replace the memories you had with me...

A month plus and here I am, back to the reality of my path. Depart late morning. Shan came to fetch me home. There was a change in plan. Dad wanted to do his left eye cataract. Thankfully all went well.

Luckily after this second surgery he did not look into much of things. We discharge on the same day. His friend too was admitted. Heart problem. He came by to visit my dad. Ex colleague of my dad.

While waiting for discharge procedures me and dad chatted...I asked him why he did not continue servicing TNB after retirement. He said...his wanted to have a clean record. They offered him but he declined. Enough he said..years of devotion. Those moments of ups and downs. Politics, conspiracy and all.

Then stories ventured into family feud...the bigger family matter. All I can say we cannot change the truth but truth can change us. Whatever that stirred or still stirring now...let it be. I do want to have even a part of it.

Finally the discharge clearance came and we drove home.

Two days back as I was packing..mom shed tears...she can't believe that I am leaving soon. Dad's mood swing also tell same story. I was fighting back tears upon saying good bye. Cried all the way till we reach Gambang Toll. It was indeed healed many of my inner feeling. Shan said, we will be back again for sure.

Late evening yesterday, my childhood friends came by...we often chatted on FB. Having to grow up together even we went to school together...the bond of relationship remain strong. Couple of years back we came to know that we are very much related. It's from my dad's side. Far relation.

Chatted heartily until it is almost time for evening prayers. Little that I know they follow this blog of mine. For that Yati n Zuren...thank you. I am glad simple stories of my thought inspires you in many ways.

These two sister are very much family devoted, like most of us...parent is everything. They too kept an eye on my parent. On the day when my day's car caught fire, it was on of their brother came to aid and send my dad home.

Me and Yati just a year part of age. We knew each others friends as well. I seek news of the good old days from her at times. Shared news and gossip for couple of school friends. Just to keep in the loop. Those that are good..keep it. While those bring trouble..eliminate.

Like me, these two are often bug with marriage and settling down. I told them just let it be. People talked and asked so many things. Don't bother much...these nosy human they don't walk our path.
They don't know what we have gone through. Often, people came around and poke their nose into other's business.

So much so...spending time over a month with my parent as I said before..healed many wounds plus I am looking into venturing home for good. Will do up some homework and set timeline for a journey back to the root.

It's late evening now and I am in different location...home..my home. Few days back, my friend Illy Ariffin shared with my email to her before I left YTL. I love her super positive attitude. She often review her achievements or failure a year to date on the eve of her birthday. Among her self review were list of supportive gesture from friends and families.

After reading back the email..I realise that I too will climb further. Looking back... I have made it this far.

Don't measure ourselves against others blindly. I mean...as long as we make progress, climbing steps ahead...that is an achievement. Be proud that we are not the same as we are before at least a year ago.

Pray and cast your doa carefully. Our dear God might not grant it immediately...have faith. Most important...have a clean heart.

Off late I begin to forgive of those who really had do me wrong. One step at a time. Just wise enough forgiveness to give...but I am not fool again to blend in. It's gone...lesson learned.

I told Yati yesterday as we parted...it is nice to hear about the good old days...but we are not going to blend into those parted path...it is merely memories..

And memories are to be cherished....it's a good reminder, benchmark or even life lesson...

p/s : I got mini iPad...gift from Shan...



No comments:

Post a Comment