I like to believe that I've got a lot of guardian warriors sittin' on my shoulder including my dad ~ Patrick Swayze

My dad… En. Mansor TNB.

Today is my dad's birthday. May God grant him health and good life many years to comes. At 64 years old of course his health deteriorates. His spirit to live sometimes damped too. Can’t blame him but the least his life is good. His joy is seeing us coming home to visit. Though he did not say much but his eyes tell thousand words.

He is a very strict father. I cannot recall much about me and him having a good talk or chat when I was small. To stand in front of him means I’m going to get ass whooping or scolding. Dad is a serious business. No nonsense.

In that small town of mine..everyone knows my dad – Mansor TNB.

He is a very friendly person. Likeable and he has a very big heart. Too big that often got him into trouble like being cheated. Yet, he keeps his cool and said I help sincerely…if that person chose to cheat me he will get his ‘portion’ sooner or later. Just wait. This statement often get my mom furious. Well ..better not go into that so much. Mom and dad argument is best to leave it as it is. Do not every interfere because at the end you will be the bad guy.

I do not wish to travel back in time and corrected my past. I just wish I am a better daughter to him in so many ways. Wishing is fool’s hope they say… so I chose to cherish every moment now. Let gone be by gone…

One of the best memories I have with him is when we went for Umrah 2014/2015. Both, sweet and bitter moments which at the end it is more to self-discovery for me. You will not know how patience you can be until you handle your parent. Plus you are in Holly Land…it just gets better, trust me.

By then I understand and had clarity on lots of things. Nothing last forever yes, instead of living in state of denial I am afraid to lose my parent ..dad especially. I learned to accept things better. It is not something you can rehearse or prepare but it helps when you open your mind and heart to it.

My dad is a man with a clean heart. His father thought him well. To live life to the fullest, first you must clean your heart. Correct your direction, path and journey and don’t forget to have faith. Trust in God…pray during your hard time and good time.

Cherish every moment with your loves one…

No comments:

Post a Comment