There and back again...

Eid celebration is finally over. Thought its a custom to celebrate for about a month considering fasting is for a month. I have nothing much to look forward for except to step into reality - Back to work.

Journey home was smooth. We left on Friday 17th August at about 6.15am. Reached my parent's house close to 10am. My third sister Anne still at around at that point of time. Busy packing her son's belonging. She took her son back to KL for celebration. Willing or not, both my parent foresee quiet Eid for sure. They left about noon time. Shan went to rest and I was busy then chatting with my parents.

Father's health is so so, same goes to my mom. Its a simple celebration this year as both my sister are celebrating with their in-laws. That evening we went to check out the local Bazaar for Ramadhan. Quite happening I must say. Foods are getting expensive, no more luxury to buy local delicacy at 0.20 each. I approach the Ikan Bakar and Murtabak stalls, both runs by family business which is a dear friend to my father. Ordered what we want but they refuse us paying for it. Its kind of embarrassing as we have no intention going for a ride just because of relationship terms. After much persuasion by both owners, we gave in. My mom and sisters warned me earlier about these two stalls...good luck in paying them!

These families really used Ramadhan to earned. The entire family is into food business. Mind you they are really good at it. All family members from father to sons involved to ensure successfully profit. Sadly, for the younger generation education level are almost zero. Good enough to read and write..that's all they need.

One thing for sure these families inherit from generation by generations wealthy empire. In another words...for the next 2 or 3 generation no need to work.

The eve of Eid we were busy preparing. Chicken rendang was the first dish that completed. We dig in at Iftar itself. Then fill in cookies in the jars, tidy up the house and I m off to bed at about 11pm. My mom still in the kitchen till about 1am.

First day of Eid was a super busy day as usual. Year in year out its the same. We are glad indeed that all our dishes finished up on the first day itself. Second day was quiet and we left to KL on the third day of Eid.

My nephew came back on the 2nd day of Eid. Both my parent were glad to see him for sure. Spend the evening giggling away watching my nephew's naughtiness. Its vibrant and handful. His speech and vocabulary still at the stage of improving...thus its fun teasing. He sang one of the many old folk songs thought by my mom which is hilarious.

This year's Eid suffer terrible food poison. Even Shan is not spared. Till today we are still in that tummy discomfort level. I am very careful in having my meal.

Another day tomorrow then I m on night shift. Back to reality...back to life.

I guess when we look forward for something then when its over, your mind just go blank in away. Nothing much to think about anymore. Need to occupy my mind with new hope and expectations.

Trust me, I have bee line list of things to do...ain't into that yet. Need some sort of energy booster. Maybe in a day or two....








No comments:

Post a Comment