We won gold for unity tonight....

Report to work at 1930hrs. My heart itch to just stay at home since its Final game for Datuk Lee Chong Wei. How I wish.

Approximate at 1300hrs local time in London, the game started. I got lives update from colleague who is at home watching while another one watched it while having dinner somewhere. Almost died of heart attack for sure...anxious and stressed up. Even the Facebook status all full with the updates on the score.

It was hell of a fight I must say. At the end we only settle for Silver. Still, for me Datuk Lee Chong Wei is a National Hero. Proud and overwhelmed feeling was all over me even though I am not watching it.

Via his twitter later he apologize for not able to fulfill our dream to have Gold Medal. The respond from all us Malaysian was fantastic!....its was really a comfort zone. Its OK..you did your best. Don't be sorry. You give hell of a fight....its a big credit.

Tonight Malaysia was practically glued to the screen. Our alarm center phone did not ring for 2 hours. The country is silent..can hear cricket sound.

Tears was rolling from my eyes..not sad because we did not win but to feel the spirit of unity tonight..and the effort from Datuk Lee Chong Wei himself.

Even the BBC Sport analyst Gail Emms said, "You couldn't have asked for any more from Lee Chong Wei."

Gail Emms was former British Badminton player as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment