Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching? ~Dennis and Wendy Mannering

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)

Half day gone...I am officially a trained CPR personnel. Its far from what I have imagine...its not easy nor it is difficult. One has to be alert and responsive enough.

Often when situation happen, panic attack is the first to hit us. How soon we snap out of it that's important. Since I set foot into this company, I have tendency to prepare for emergency situation. What document to keep as back up, upon travelling what document to leave behind and what to carry. Even I think now I m gonna start to add on to my first aid kit at home. Keep basic in my hand bag. Phone numbers to the important authorities.

Many of us specially here in this country are still ignorance about Emergency. According to the CPR Trainer earlier today ; it is so so so difficult to educate our local here on important of having AED (check the website if  you never heard of this..its a life saver) stored in a company. Even our own mega airport only 3 units...can you believe it ? 3 units only for the entire huge area. Of course the cost is not cheap but it is still affordable. For a company to invest one unit for emergency...personally I feel its damm worth it. Currently is selling at MYR10K approximately. Find out what AED is...and you know what I mean.

All these skill are basic to us in case of emergency. Of course when the real situation rise, we do what is appropriate and what we can. But it does help when we prepare our mindset early.

Apart from the CPR, we were trained also on how to aid chocking victim..with the The Heimlich Maneuver technique. We were also thought on how to point exactly where heart is.

Also the CPR Trainer did share with us about ignorance of using Emergency lane on highways/roads. Last year's case of bus crash in Malacca ; we all know the story. But the truth is rather shocking when I found out today...it took almost 1 1/2 hours for authorities to get to the victims. They have to walk 5 kilometers on foot due to no access since the Emergency lane was occupy by impatient and ignorance motorist. Apart from bus driver ignorance ; our own attitude contribute to this.

Do you know that it only takes up to 10 minutes for the brain cells to die when one person is unconscious? CPR personnel has only 4 minutes to save that victim..only 4 minutes! with accident victim scatters on the road...blood here and there....and paramedic have to walk 5 kilometers...and the by standers busy taking videos for YouTube....is it frustrating ? Just imagine one of them is our own...how would we feel ?

I believe the education system also should play their role in this issue. When you start all these from young time, it stays. I am not angel nor devil...but I am trying to live as a good citizen. The least...living good enough not to do things that I do not want others to do to me.

This all also narrow down to our mindset, attitude and the way you are brought up...your surroundings. What kind of influence are you surrounded with. Above all our adaptations towards things.

The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Love this...and I learnt to do CPR too...it's really worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kak Nai....yeah it is worth in. At the back of my mind only had that thought of What if its one of my love one ?..family...we never knew though.. :)

    ReplyDelete