A year later..... part I

Whenever and where ever….I got something to pour. Looking back at the last update on this blog goodness gracious…last year!!.. I talked about blogging again one too many times until I stop because why bother saying things when you know it will never happen.

A friend of mine said…it will come. Just matter of time. Well, this is it I guess. December 2016. Three weeks into the New Year.

I can't recall much 2015...all I know is my childhood school friend Hafidz Helmi passed away few days before 2016. Blood cancer. He is one of the most wonderful kind hearted person I ever know. 

How was 2016 for me… a very exciting year of coursed. I finally manage to move forward from shift work into normal office hour job. It was a very difficult decision to make. After 5 years routine, to move on I felt a bit scared. Fear of the uncertainty,in case anything happen I will end up jobless.

After much thinking I decided to take the offer. I will be working from home. It is a USA based company – Zoom Video Comm Inc. Malaysia is just a support team. Who doesn’t want to be at home..work and get huge pay check. My work starts at 6am to 2pm from Monday to Friday.

I left in January 2016. When I tender my resignation.. the weight just lift up from my shoulder. The feeling that you finally moving to something else…it was a huge relief. My boss asked to reconsider which I did not of course. Subsequent to my resignation, another two colleague in same senior position also resigned. It is not something to be proud off but I felt all of us had enough.

It was a good learning ground. I learned so many things especially when it comes to dealing with human. I do believe till today …if the government want to continue with National Service, please include a programme to be a customer service, volunteer, animal lover..etc.. It will sure make our young generation a better human with integrity plus respect.

I have to served two months’ notice. I thought then it will be the longest two months of my life.  When the final day came I was on night shift schedule. It hit me then… when I woke up at 3pm that day I realize it is my last routine… last routine for everything..after nice shower and pray I head out to the office. Stop by for a meal. My shift starts at 8pm. The night went smooth too. Bid farewell to my team and that was it! The end of five years… beginning of new episode.

My farewell was a teary one. The team did a note book with tons of well wishes. I was so touched. Each of my colleague words is very personal. All I can say is I am so loved and cherished.
That new job working from home did not last long. The company decided to have an office. Above all places they chose Cyberjaya.  I manage to work from home till mid-April. Travelling up and down was a big issue.

Honestly, with such a small support team no one in clear state of mind will open office in Cyberjaya. Unless your company wanted MSC status or huge enough like customer service etc… sigh!I had some family matters to attend as well, since distance was a huge challenged and I decided to scout for another job.

A close friend told me to stay and walk through the obstacle. Face the challenge. Well, easier for him to say. I told him off that I am the kind of person who will look at all angles. Weight the situation carefully. Caused and consequences…after effect and stuff. I am far from being a quitter. He is not the one who looks into my cat’s eye and see how lonely they were… he is not the one who felt the house is empty without my presence… why bother battle when finding solutions is easier. Pick your battle so you will win on the long run.

Like an answered prayer I got opportunity to work in KL back. Working with the government this time, a whole new episode …again. This job is a totally brand new chapter in everything for me. I had to delete my Facebook account and open new ones. Too much political comments back then. Well… who doesn’t right. Especially when the situation is so obvious.

Then I learned a very great lesson for not becoming one of the keyboard warriors. Why not look at things in the different perspective.  What is your contributions to the world ? To your amily…friends, country.. lashing out frustration indeed easy..but does that make you a better person ? Things will not change overnight but we can make a different overnight…

During my working period with that US company…I realized that we are so far behind in this world. The huge world out there already move forward and faster… what we are now indulging to …its like sooooo yesterday for them..

Nonetheless, I did enjoy my tenure and meet wonderful people too. For that short period of time, my team still did a farewell. Cupcakes with cat’s decorations…so so sweet of them.
In this new company we have a small team here and all senior level in working experience. I am enjoying every moment now. Weekends…public holiday and annual leave. Meet new people again… in short period of time I have so many new faces in my life.

I do however still have that flash back moments. Especially weekends at 3pm. It is the time I usually wake up and get ready for night shift work. Like PTSD…

I’ve waited for opportunity to come..I mean in changing my job. Every time that I visited my parent, they are getting older by the day. Here I am still busy with work and chasing I am not sure what. So I say to HIM that I want to spend time with my parent. Give me that chance to be at their service before it is too late.  As we get older, we tend to realize how important parent is. Some may not be so lucky to have them.

~ Every phase of your lives demand a new you ~

To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment