A year later... part II

Friday 9th December 2016...I welcome a new baby into the family. We got our hands full since Monday last week. Run up and down ..babysit my niece, packing for my sis confinement later..all sort.Thankfully everything went smoothly. Name wise...still figuring it out.

In between anxiously waiting for the baby arrival, my immediate manager her mom passed away peacefully. She fell ill for almost a year already. Me and the team did went to the funeral parlor to pay last respect. Everything was done and settle over the weekend too. She is back to work on Thursday. Staying at home also nothing much can be done.

That is the problem about losing our love ones. Life goes on yes, but things will never be the same. Our routine changed...we will never see that person again. Everything has to be re-adjusted. It will take a long time and sometime a life time too. A friend of mine once tell..it took her years and years to be able to let go after her father's passing.

Going to work in December...everyday feel like 31st Dec. Office is half empty, everyone is going on leave. Me on the other hand enjoying my office hour job.

We recently had Secret Santa give exchange. Everyone is so excited yet worried when our HR put give value not more than RM20. Seriously ? What to buy on that amount ? I guess what is small to me is big to others. I have to respect that. I got to be secret santa for one of my lunch buddies, I bought her Body Shop shower cream gift set.... and my CEO is my secret santa... he gave me Body Shop shower cream. It is like "Body Shop" day..get what I give kinda of situation.

Ever since I started working, this Secret Santa games has been a tradition in every company that I worked with. Mind you the gift can be very 'trashy' or 'shitty'. Not every human being has that sincerity in giving. I remember seeing gifts like nail clipper, key chain... solar flower decoration, stack of plastic container... even worst the gift is a 'free gift' promotion items. It is so low man!

People say it is the thought that matters... yes of course and it works both ways. The giver too must have sincere and good thoughts to begin with. You want something nice ..yet not wanting to give. Anyway all done is done..we proceed to have dinner at Hilton Sentral.

Food was delicious and I just realize I am not that good in buffet as I used to be. On the way home I throw out almost everything. I guess it was the food combination..something just went wrong somewhere. Arrived home, shower and slept off. Thankfully it ended there.

The rest of the week went smoothly ..with a litle bumpy rides here and there. A colleauge of mine almost got con by a scam. She received message about her credit card being charged amount xxxx. Please call this number if you did not perform this transactions. She does not have any credit card with this particular back. Being a good Samaritans, she call the number and spoke to the 'officer' of the bank. She was told that her data has been compromised. It then lead to a report to so call 'Bank Negara'.

One thing trigger her was the 'officer' from Bank Negara cannot converse in English properly. The next day she sat for about an hour or so with that bank negara officer and when the life cut off...again she said very troublesome to speak to this guy. Cannot speak English. Then my other colleague was saying it cannot be ..because bank negara officer speak efficient English.

I quickly google up the Bank Negara Helplink and passed to her. Just to check and confirm if the officer really work there. Then she got another call and she asked me to check with BNM.

When I make a call to BNM, the officer calmly said it is a scam. The sms was from a scammer, number appear is a scam number. BNM never did conduct or received report via phone. When it comes to investigation on fraud and scam...that is Police job..not theirs.

I walk up to my colleague and signal her to cut the call. This incident left us speechless. I mean we knew scam like this exist. Seeing warns by bank and BNM itself too many to count for. Little that we knew it will hit our own face one day. Lucky my colleague never share any information like IC copy and stuff.

Last weekend ... another chapter begin in my life. Sunday morning I went out to nearby cash & carry for some groceries shopping. Upon returning home as our car enter the condo compound, I saw a black cat sat in between the fence...there was a ginger cat busy clawing him.. territorial. I did not leave house thereafter. Then around 10pm, my other half said ..he saw the cat still at same place when he return home from shaving. I was like what ???... oh my.

Immediately I put on my jacket and drag him along to the fence location again.  My fear is the car is injured, paralyzed..broken bones. To my surprise the cat still there at that hour. Late evening it rains ..lucky was only a for a short while. When we walk up to him..it did not run just I saw him shivering in fear. Quickly scoop him up and wrap with my jacket.

I told my other half to march home on the double, fetch one of the cat carrier. I walk slowly. It is a male..black color about 6 7 months old. He got cut at his nose and lower lips. I believe he was tossed out from a car. How cruel human can be. Skin and bone thin also.

Took him home and take a good look in case there is other injury. Thankfully none. He is so scared and refuse to drink or eat. I left him inside our smallest room with food and water. An hour later, he is more settle and ate all the food. That night..was a nightmare..he woke up like 3 4 times. Very restless.

I have not decided then whether to keep him or not. Earlier I wanted to adopt a cat from my colleague. My two sons is very very territorial. I fear for that cat's life. Well.... here I am got another one in hand.

Monday came.. I cannot concentrate at work at all. Did the best I could and rushed home. That night I gave soft introduction to my two sons. Hell break loose a bit but it was alright.

Early morning on Tuesday ..power trip at my condo. I cannot sleep whole thereafter. Migraine started by the time power came back. I can tolerate not enough sleep but ..headache ..that is another story.

to be continue...








No comments:

Post a Comment