Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week. ~Joseph Addison

Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend. ~Zenna Scha

My first Saturday shift. Fun and hmm..relaxing in a way. It was a bit busy early morning and kinda cool off afterwards.

Here in the alarm centre we have sort like a jinx with the color red. I find it amusing in away; upon my very early stage of my employment I've learned that nobody wears red shirt in the alarm centre. If it happened then the volume of cases will just shoot high sky. My entire wardrobe is red majorly :). Then subsequent to that, as time passed it does not really matter about this jinx. Literally nobody among us wear red shirt. Should that day the volume of cases shoot high sky then the next question is..who is the 'superman' for that day. Nothing visible to our eyes on the red shirt..we hunt who wore red underwear than. Its a good laugh and fun in away.

Above all, we handle cases in and out happily with our heart. Help and assistance is always around, nothing to fear. Nobody let anyone drown here.
On my very first week of job training ; I felt the pinch of the volume for the first time. At the end of my shift, still pending 3 cases un-open, my two colleague had 6 and 7 respectively. I had to leave by 8pm then, thus my dear dear Joanna did transmission on behalf of me. She literally transmitted 28 cases over to the night person on duty. And the volume still continue the next day till end of the week. It was a great experience I would say.

Back then, I used to wonder how will I juggle with the time. As they said, once you crossed the bridge already you know what you have to do. Don't worry too much or think too much. When great weave hit you ; swim through it like you are fighting for your life.

Thereafter should there is any tide..you are able to just walk through it and when the tide is over, enjoy the white sandy beach. Bear in mind that the wave will just come unexpectedly so be prepared. State of mind is important.

I had a very encouraging comment from a good friend. He admired my guts and independent spirit. Well, it does not grow overnight that's for sure. Am not playing tough nor put up a brave face all the time. There are times that I breakdown and vulnerable too. Always see our glass half full.

Late this morning, my ex boyfriend called in. Upon pick-up his question was "Are you already married?"...errr...I was like No..not yet, whaz up ?.
He laugh and said, he had a strangers dream last night.

He dreamt that I was married to a Punjabi man, and am dressed up in red wedding Saree, parade out in exclusive Mercedes car with all the dancing and colorful celebration. It was so Bollywood like. I laugh my lung out, giggling like kids. What on earth is this. He said he woke up feeling very stress and distracted. We both laugh again. What a dream man ! I asked him if I look beautiful or not. He said that's the things...very beautiful that he got distracted and stress....my laughter burst again. Ended the call with ear to ear grin and I m gonna update Shan that's for sure.

With this, Shan himself finds it is amazing and amusing. I said I have a beautiful rainbow life ..didn't I mentioned that to you. He couldn't agree more.



Its half passed four. Long way to go till 2030hrs. Our schedule already out till mid June 2011. This is good for me. Able to plan on what to do next and how best to handle my financial status. Fasting month will be by end of July 2011 and Eid by end of August 2011. By then its towards the end of another year....

No comments:

Post a Comment