Learn to live with the pricks in your life

Night shift again, my first for this month, another seven nights more to go. Looking back at the new schedule for the next 15 days, I can clearly say that I m home most of the time. It sort of balance in a way. Got to get my lazy butt to do something more challenging.

One of my buddy is in trouble again. This is one stubborn person, still I have not give up hope yet. But for sure the recent shoulder to cry on is the last one from me. Done deal, am not being ignorant or care less, its just there is a limit to everything.

My words are final. Am actually trying my level best, refrain myself to look down at these small petty thing call love affairs. Love to me is just part of living lives of human, it is not the air that keep us alive. Its already a secondary issue for me or rather for us which is now seating on victory throne.

Out of respect and care, I still offer words of advise. Big punch of words that's for sure. If she manage, success will be for her...if not..its elimination time. I have no time to babysit anyone who refuse to
wake up from their day dreaming.

Refusal to accept the truth and facts of life will not get you anywhere. When we say lesson learned, we meant it to the very core. When we say we love our self, we meant it well.

I told her, its a long healing process. Years passed and aged catching up, you have missed so many things in your life. Let alone to prioritize whats important. Financial still an issue, job wise and of course other things. Too much time spend on nursing a broken heart, can make us far behind. Everyday is a new day but when we are busy with a same thing everyday, life has no meaning.

Well, so much so...too much breathing space also make me drown. But that's another story. I m hungry for bigger challenge...am bored of this victory throne already.

She questioned my ability of how can I develop to such level of at time being ignorant and somewhat cocky.

My answer is simple, when you learned how to love yourself...protect your hearth and soul...be defensive of hurting your heart...you will sure to understand where this cockiness of mine come from.

I asked her to name me one sad love song that she like, which she did. To me I said, every words of this crying in mourning of being left by loves one is whole full of crap. Or if the songs words of being rejected by love cause he or she is not good enough...GO TO HELL. If he does not want me...it is his lost, why should I waste my time finding whats wrong with me ? They are millions of fish in the sea anyway. If none suits me..that's fine, I still have the entire ocean to roam. Its free anyway.

Learned how to live with me, myself and I....amen !

This fasting month run smooth as well. I can't wait to do my Eid Shopping. Its sort of meaningful event this year. I have ample breathing space. It does make a different when one truly lives in within their means.
I make a promise to myself that am not crawling into that tight pocket anymore all because of my sill spending habits. Lives within what you earn and don't waste.

Even my meals nowadays I choose to eat for my tummy rather than for my eyes. If I don't feel like eating or rather do not know what to consume, let it be. Am not going to die of it. Fill our tummy just enough for the living. Have a feast once a while. Trust me, am very clever on choosing what to feast...evidence shows specially those who know me in person.

There are several personnel in my office leaving for greener pasture. Being positive well wisher, I do hope they success in which ever field they are venturing into. People come and go, career build and success claimed. Last night they had a huge farewell for both my boss Brian and our senior exec Zilah. Unfortunately I can't tag along, night shift duty. I could have change the time table with one of my colleague but then again, I have lots to do as well. Do not wish to jumble up these 15 days time table un-necessarily.

When I enter into office at about 6pm yesterday, both me and Brian screaming at each other cause we have not met like two weeks. Its so girlish and we giggled like kids. Off they went thereafter I log in. 30 minutes after midnight, Joanna came into the office with two of my colleague...tipsy. Brian has totally knocked out ; wonder who carry him home then. Both of my colleague just rest for while and went home. I smile to myself and remember my own glory (silly) days. Joanna told me its 5 bottles of vodka minus beers. I told Shan that, if I am still in this loop, you would have to roll me like carpet to the car considering am too heavy to be carried. Well, am glad I quit it for good. Its all left with memory and fame of such silliness. I quit majorly because I don't find its benefit me in anyway. Bad hangover that's all I can remember, no fun..no joy...well that's me then.


The fun I missed... :)

 
I received RM150 worth of book voucher from office as reward. Then I purchase another RM150 from one of my colleague. Run like hurricane to MPH bookstore, got myself Doctor In The House - Memoirs of Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and two other books.

Pleasure and passion of reading. Quarter more to go for the Memoirs. Its fun to read another side of this Premium leader. He is one hell of a man. I was so indulge in it until time passed so quickly. Then I put a stop for a while, dig myself into another set of motivational book. My friend Dev Anand told me to get Lee Kuan Yew's ( Dr M said that with SIN is always a civil relationship; never was a friendship) Grin ! for that suggestion am rewarding him part of the voucher ( don't say a word Dev Anand as I have to make it look good here..ok... = )

its after 2am. Calm and quiet in this quiet room. Let it remain this way till my shift end at 8.30am.

Fable of the porcupine



It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together to keep warm. This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions. After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. They learned to live with the little wounds caused by the close relationship with their companions in order to receive the warmth that came from the others. This way they were able to survive.

Moral of the story:


The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.


The real moral of the story......


LEARN TO LIVE WITH THE PRICKS IN YOUR LIFE !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment