“One's past is what one is. It is the only way by which people should be judged.” ~ Oscar Wilder

Spent sometimes browsing over Facebook. Peeped into something that I should not even take port about. As a result, it kind of stir my mind a little. I guess that is why they say; leave your past behind. Turn once a while, enough to make it as a reminder not go back there.

Human heart is full of curiosity. Somehow, there is an itch to still take a look at what the other party are doing. The truth is, deep down inside we are seeking for there downfall. Lets face it, often we wish our foes to have rock bottom life or few step lower than where we are now. It sort like a comfort of our own heart. When we learned that they are actually kind of above us or equally stand where we are, that alone create an aching heart.

I felt that aching heart these two days. Can't undo what I did. Still looking for remedy to get on my feet again. I fear nothing. Believe what ever decision that was made during that time is for the best. Result shown enough proof. But the thing that I don't understand is, why there is such a fear in my heart. Fear of something unknown. When I really fear nothing in reality.

On top of that silly thing I did, stumble upon a heartbreaking news of animal cruelty. One local pet shop called PETKNODE. These company take charge of cats for owner who is away with a small fees. Reality speak; they actually abandoned all those cats locked up in the shop for god knows how long. Upon discovered almost 200 cats died out of starvation and dehydration. Volunteers poured in to take shelter of those cats which owners are still abroad. Police report made, two culprit has been arrested. I cried my heart out watching the video of rescue. Many kittens died and some of the cats gulp over waters like they are lost in the desert. Got one of the cat, just lay motionless in the cage, skin and bone..her ribs actually shun out. Nothing much can be done for her anymore, awaits death.

In yesterday's paper finally the government decided to amend the act for tougher law enforcement on animal rights and abuse. Its a good move ; better late then never.

54 years of independence for crying out loud. Malaysia just hit rock bottom. Mentality still barbaric. Though is small percentage, but sooner it will spread. We are developing country this issue is small of course. I remember in one of Oprah show, there was a highlight about mass breeding of dogs. They are fighting to pass the act on tougher law enforcement. Can you imagine, one female dogs produce 17 puppies then being pregnant again and again and again. It gives me a goose bump. How can such cruelty exist in this world.
Let alone, the issue on whale hunting, fur hunting ...the list just go on....

I always believe people who have mercy on animal are nice person. These are really what we call human. I do have friend who hate or fear several species of domestic animals. It hurt at times to hear them just cursing on these helpless animals. To me, we are superior enough to let it be as they do not hold mind and able to think like us. Stay out of their way and do no harm...simple.

My biggest fear is cockroaches. God ! I can die for it. If I bumped into a ghost and a cockroach at the same time..chance are I will faint because of the roaches. I really can turn blue or white with these roaches. But then again, I don't do them any harm. Stay out of my way.

Anyway, hope with the amendment of animal act things will get better

"The greatness of a Nation and its moral progress can be judge by the way its animal are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment