The power of your thoughts can open any door and you can set yourself free.

It was from a friend that I learned about 9/10 principle. Of anything that happen in your daily life, bitter or sweet ...the choice is yours on how you want to react to it. Definitely it is easier said than done. Through the toughness of daily job and having to deal with emotional personal issue..it does take strong heart, mind and at times stomach to be able to still standing tall by end of that 24 hours.

Staying positive and afloat all the times has become an attitude for me. Of course I did lost it along the way especially if I m stumble upon half a brain human. I do of course dragged into their level especially during a tired mind.

On Thursday, I ended my day shift with super tired mind. All I want is just to go home and rest. Friday is a busy day for me, dinner with lovely sister..celebrating her belated birthday.

It was indeed a very long day. Full of request and issues from our normal caller. Towards the evening, there was unexpected call that sank my spirit deeply. Tired and mentally exhausted, I was caught off guard by abusive caller. Honestly, as much I tried to remain calm and crawling my way out from falling into his low level mind state...I failed. In between the call, I lost it...sincerely lost it. My throat chocked and my spirit sank deeper.

Two hours...that's how long it is for me to search for my spirit that sank...then I was alive and lifted up again.
Thanks to my colleague that day...he said to me...the road of life that we walk is like that. Take those who harm you as a barking dog. If you keep throwing stones at all those barking dog, it will delay your journey...
ignore it...

Took my own sweet time, crawl up to finished up what supposed to be done. Left the office quite late. My dear OM has to replace a colleague that suddenly on MC, pity him in away but what to do. Until our newbies are ready...hell break lose sometimes...

I manage to hailed a taxi, very senior driver in a brand new car. He drove at 40km per hour...owh my...what a day. Maybe he sense that I m kind of annoyed that he crawl like tortoise ...he asked if he should speed up..of course I said YES...hmmm 60km per hour. I just leave it.

Simply choose to react the other way around...this senior driver could have his own reason crawling at this speed on the highway...whats the point of me yelling and scolding him anyway...I just want to get home safely. Miracle I feel much much better there after...

Online shopping landed me ordering perfume all the way from US, after 12 days it finally arrived. As I was eagerly waiting for it to come to my office, instead I received a notification from local postal to come to them and collect it. No indication whatsoever if it has to be paid on sum clearance or not. So, call them up to clarify...same old story when dealing with the Government...nobody gives you an answer. Took a deep breathe and I said thank you and ended the call without wanting to damage my emotion. My day did not get any better after that anyway but the least I did not ruin someone else day.

We do at times proudly share that we scolded, yelling or verbal abuse someone just because the product/service is not up to our expectation. I used to be in that category as well..kind of tame down nowadays. For me, I felt miserable thereafter ...so I stop that attitude. Like me, they also earning a living.
Like me they also have own issue, like me they feel their issue are larger than life as well.

Thus, before we lashed out our words, pause ....think twice, think 10 times before lashing it out. Words wound beyond recall. At anytime if our emotion are not stable, just keep quiet...stay away from others...
Take a break...

There are days I would rather stay in quiet and lick my own wounds....




No comments:

Post a Comment