See No Evil ! Speak No Evil ! Talk No Evil !

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.

I wish to share an incident that happen right in front of my eyes…it took place several weeks ago. I have not found the correct words to digest and reveal it.

On the eve on diwali, me and my best friend with her sister had lunch at one of the stall near Pekeliling bus station. The food was delicious. Upon arrival, there was a blind man..young in his early 20s..seated and ready to have his lunch. We watch with sympathy and I had a small taught to pay for that lunch later. He finished up and request for an assistant since he need to washed his hand….the stall worker hurry up to assist ; out of the blue the owner of the stall just commented that…’blind as you are..no need to take advantage..washed it your own can or not ?!!!”….all of us there got shock !...what on earth is this elderly stall owner is thinking ?..that man is blind for god sake !...he continue to scold him…”I know that u are blind but no need to take advantage like this..requesting people to wash your hand !”

Honestly at this point, my stomach dry. My plate of lunch suddenly taste from hell...its so sinful...I m unable to digest anymore.

This blind man then reply…”why is that dear sir, you said such a thing to me…I only request for an assistance. I m not even asking this meal for free…am paying for it.” The owner responded….”no need to pay..someone already paid for you”…..my heart sank deep !

….he said

..may one day you see the world through my eyes…all those that God given ..often human always forget to be greatful…..I maybe disable…but I am glad I don’t have your heart….now I know why my eyes is blind…so I don’t have to see a human like you….

he walked away.

I pull a deep breath and said to my friend….how could the owner behave such. We are the one with no disability…no impairment or deformity…saying such words to a disable person. We no need to bring ourselves down to his level…his path already tough enough. I wonder who is actually born with disability.

This is just one of those I've witness. At times during our meal..often we being approached by beggar..blind person ...give them a dollar and off they go. I was asked by a friend once..she question me why did i support it cause its a fraud. I said...a dollar from my purse won't make me poor. I give out of sympathy and sincere. If its a fraud or syndicate...let she/he deal with HIM up there...just a dollar won't drain my purse..I've got nothing to lose...

My own pet brother ; the notorious human ..wasted his life as if he got another spare one if he loses this one. Drugs, women, alcohol..name it...but above all..deep inside him...is the most humble and loving man I ever know. I was having tea with him one evening...usual scenario ; a blind person approached...I gave a dollar..

my pet brother then asked him...have he eaten or if he wish to have a drink ? Quickly he accepted...thereafter he came back to us and thank us. This blind man words still stuck to my mind till today....he said to my pet brother....many may not like you cause the way your life is ; my dear brother...may god bless your kindness with thousand blessing...I have nothing to offer rather than a sincere thank you...a glass of that water...mean more than dollar and cent

All I did at that point was gently wipe my teary eyes. Who are we to judge one another...who are we to questioned HIS creation..and what have we learned from one another and have we given our level best to this life ?

Or are we still busy looking for what we don't have till we forget about what we have ?...

No comments:

Post a Comment