Without Prejudice !

This morning...I m late to work. Reach the main bus stop in town at about 9.20am. Walked as fast as I can towards my office building which is about 10mins only. My mind wander about my sunglass...seems missing then lots of other things also..this and that...

While crossing 1st traffic light...i sense someone at the back of me. I glance and its a foreigner ..from one of the African country. He act funny ; blabering and dancing all the way. Keep walking then I notice he is tailing me..Oh God !...I start to walk here and there ...to avoid him following me. I can hear him singging...'Hey baby..wanna know  you"...then I stop..reverse my direction to cross the road over the otherside..that is where he came and grab my knapsack...chill grew over my spine...i ran into the shop ; seeking shelter. He waited outside...

Quickly I call my colleague and asked her to bring one building security to fetch me....that fellow still waiting outside. The shop that I walked in happen to be with full of Nepalis ; one of them asked me whats wrong..I point to that man...the Nepalis walked out to the door..he pretend to walk about.

My heart relief seeing my colleague came. Shaken up..sweating and my heart beat unable to come down till an hour later.

It is true that when we less alert, walking in day dream..thats is where we become prey. I kind of used being harrased by people from this part of continent. Usually, I put up a brave face and walk. Am always alert on surroundings and protective on myself. But this time..cause of my day dreaming..I am not prepare on whats coming. Panic....

Am sure to carry an umbrella after this...it may not be much of weapon but its better than bare hands. Lesson learn...hard way sadly. Thank god that I am safe and sound

3 comments: