You cannot tailor make the situations in life, but you can tailor make the attitudes to fit those situations before they arise

One of my passion is reading apart from painting. Due to time and busyness these two activities some what become dust collector. Thus, to kill time especially during my night shift ; I end up indulge in online reading.

I read about everything and anything. Including films, animals, shows..name it. CNN is always on top of the list. Not so much on political or conflict issues around the globe but rather their travellers column and also inspiring stories. Believe me when I say, there are lots and losts of heart wrenching stories happen around and even of the many at our own backyard. Wikipedia is always the best source of information. I improve my general knowledge from it.

Link : http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/06/world/freedom-project-operation-hope/index.html

Link : http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/10/world/asia/pakistan-malala-one-month/index.html?iref=allsearch

Link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukhtaran_Bibi

Link : http://www.rdasia.com/my_unexpected_teacher

Browsed through every other stories that my mind pop an idea to. Apart from Wikipedia, I do read Reader's Digest as well. Online version. Or just simply go to Chicken Soup of the soul.

I am very much of animal lovers. My favorites are feline. It is a good stress relief. Would love to have one at home but my current job scope will only left the cat lonely. Don't wish to add on un necessary burden. I love dogs too...in fact any animal with certain degree of intelligent always fascinates me.

Never will forget a story about Faith - A born disable dog ...and Winter - A Dolphin that has no tail. Plus our own local story about a cat name Hero who his front legs was chop off by a restaurant owner because he stole a fish...sadist ! These animal went far back and far beyond in the name of survival.

Faith for example, her owner went around from hospital, cancer center, army veteran to children home as motivator. To gives those who wish to have a second chance or those who wants to give up on lifes a good measure to ponder.

Back home before I left for college, we stop to have cats for a while as house pets. One season, all of my seven felines died from illness. All that was so so dear to all of us. To date my mom only probably have one for house pet and the rest just came by for food. Its better to do charity in this manner.

Impact of ill or dying pets are as heavy as the departure of love ones...It is also said that those who has compassion with animals hold a greater soul of sanity and mercy.


Several days ago, my thoughts wander about a killer whale name Keiko. He is after all the famous star of Free Willy. Watch over his life journey on Youtube left me in teary eyes. He lives a wonderful life in away. Died shortly after being free into the wild of pnenoumia.

Then the stories continue....I watched over a show from SeaWorld call "Believe". It is amazing how those trainers put their lives at jeorpardy with these Killer Whales at Shamu Stadium. They are top predators...anything and everything can really go wrong. Acrobatic shows with live killer whales in a tank of 36 feet deep...almost suicidal like.


Tilikum

Fair enough....in 2010 one of the trainer was drowned and killed by her own trained Bull Orca name Tilikum. Largest in captivity....measured at 22.5 feet long with his pectoral fin at 7 feet long...weight at 12,000 ton.....massive ! Born in 1981 and captured in Iceland in 1983.

Tilikum has history of killing two others before, while in Canada before SeaWorld bought him over. Even with that death series, they are not giving in as well. Expert around the world says..SeaWorld is the best in its ranking at handling Orcas.





Tilikum with the veteran trainer 40 years Dawn that he killed in Feb 2010

36 feet under


Tilikum


Tilikum in Medical Pool after the incident and the dead trainer

Tilikum at SeaWorld
   Shared the story with my sister...ended she was hooked up with these Killer Whales stories for the past couple of days.... its is just amazing !...she pop up an idea...lets go to SeaWorld, San Diego..instead of your 'Northern Light'....which is far more expensive than this SeaWorld tour...hmmmm...an idea to consider ...

SeaWorld here we come...whatever it is ..lets make it down south to Universal Studio first next year..


One of the most beautiful moment captured. This curious Southern Whale swim up to the divers up close on the ocean floor


No comments:

Post a Comment