"Everyone who is in your life is meant to be a part of that journey but not all of them are meant to STAY"

"Everyone who is in your life is meant to be a part of that journey but not all of them are meant to STAY"

Final night shift. A bit quiet today, still the list of things to do are bee line. Hunger pang strikes ! I went down to 7E just to grab low fat milk. As I approached the store, there was a group of youth with bikes step in.

One of them was limping his way in...my heart just stopped. A memory flashed...I used to know a person in that condition. Young, good hearted, funny youth that was so so dear to me. His condition of limping is due to an accident, resulting a metal implant in his leg.

I did shared about him in one of my entry....can't help to miss him suddenly when I say that youth earlier....
He is one of few regrets that I have....

Of the many things that I remember of him is, every day he will asked me for RM2.00 before he goes off for the day. Big hearted boy he is....every time his pay cheque cleared without a second thought he will spend us for tea like banana fritters or Mexican bread...there was 15 of us in the call centre..every one gets its.
For a dispatch person, he is one of a kind. He is super nice to me as well...considering the daily RM2.00 I guess...I can asked him to do anything and everything be it work related or personal. No matter how busy or how tight up his schedule is, he will always make time for me.

During my fresh graduate sister took a temporary job in my office, he was extra extra nice then. He once asked me..Sis, what is not right on me ?..everything ok, handsome, kind hearted, responsible...the only thing not right is my leg"..left me roar with laughter. He text, call ..name it..on daily basis...it was never a dull moment when is around.

His favourite singer was Jamal Abdillah....daily basis I get free entertainment from his not so superb voice..there after..RM2.00 from me as token of appreciation...he sang without being asked then I am to give him RM2.00 for that.... :-)..i miss him so...............

Then I was offer another job, decided to leave the company. New job has taken my time maximum. With the training and all. He still keeping in touch but I deny him most of the time...busy bee...

I was late evening on Thursday mid year of 2007...he call me and I brushed him off as I was busy. His last word before slamming down the phone was ...YOU ARE ALWAYS TOO BUSY FOR ME.

At that point I said...never mind over the weekend I will talk to him..which I did not...the intuition came knocking to me several times that weekend but I ignore it.

Back to work the week after...Tuesday evening...I received a phone call ...he passed away...accident !
I was ending my work that day...literary passed out...I collapse...too shock of news...

All I want him to know is...I m sorry and I love him for a brother he is to me....just these two things...
Me and my sister did not talk about him until many years later....for me...his death still haunt me till today...

I will always remember his goofiness and all the lame jokes he used to crack up....

if only i made that call ....


You're still here in my heart and mind,

still making me laugh cause your stories live on.

I hold you in a thought and I can feel you.

I feel you and this gives me strength and courage. ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment