Caller + Customer Service = ........................... ?

Venturing into customer service line ...I am now dealing with all sort of people. From nice to rude to demanding. Well...being a consumer myself, I do understand where the caller are coming from. I do recall
several occasions that I lost it to several customer service personnel in one of the telco company. It make me feel so bad after that...but not during I express my dissatisfaction....it feel damm good....the thereafter
OMG ! you feel like sh**i !...why did I do that in the first place ?....anger and frustration ? its my right ?
I m paying for it ?...all those,

But the funny thing is, many of us especially Asian culture ; the mindset is that....being firm, aggressive, demanding and rude will get things their way. At time its like they forget, the one on the other line is also
consumer, daughter, son, child, mother, father, grand parents...etc...bottom line its human too.

Why can't one be nice enough then ? When I accept this job...I literally recall all those 'rude' moment
that  have made over the years with customer service personnel just because I was irritated and frustrated
over the failure to get what I want.

The personnel on the other hand at times got to be blame too. Admit it !...if I were to make a call to JW Marriott hotel in comparison to ABC Hotel...which one do you think I would be serve better ?

I even at times have to make call around the world. The most beautiful challenge I ever encounter is when I have to make calls for sourcing information to those country where English language speaker is a luxury asset. No matter what, they will try to make the caller understood and deliver the information as professional as it is. Even at times it leaves me dizzy...cause of the language barrier...

Before putting up this issue here, I was 'abuse' by a caller. The moment the call was pick-up this person blurt out all the information and reason why he call, and a little complaint on the services giving me no room to interrupt. Politely I seek his name and contact number (protocol reason)...then advise him in polite manner that he has reached the incorrect number. He blew his top....told me that I m wasting his time....I was like HELLO !.....then he slammed down the phone.

I laugh to myself and think...what a pity.

One thing for sure, ever since my soul searching...I find these kind of small petty thing un important anymore. I can't recall any days since that I am like BAD MOOD !....no such thing anymore...cause I look at life differently....my heart are more tamed and my mind is more free....and my vision always reached on the positive side of everything.

Its true when you safe guard  yourself...the 'virus' breached ain't gonna be easy....nothing can get into your way easily. I won't say I don't lose my temper....but ...naaah its the last thing I want to do. Its the guilt thereafter that I cannot take it.

I hate to do things when I do not want others to do to me. do you like to be yelled ?...though it is  your mistake ?...whats wrong with talking nicely....?

One of the Medical Operation stand-in OM Ms Belma ; she is French by the way. She share with us ...her father always told her this....chew three times more before you swallow. Before saying anything ....
Pause ...Think and Think again...if you don't..you gonna bite your own tongue...

which is true........

No comments:

Post a Comment